Sep 1, 2020
In this episode, we meet a
fraternal twin, a Minnesotan, a Californian, and a Halloween
enthusiast. She played the violin as a child and classical
music is very calming to her. She likes baking, healthy cooking,
art, yoga, walking, and listening to music. This neighbor
even considered changing careers to become a police detective. Who
is this amazing neighbor? Listen in to find out all the
Amber Duerbig is a local Professional
Dental Hygienist and has been in
the dentistry field for 20 years. She has the vision to bring
neighbors together even during a global pandemic and she is the
official founder of the 12 Oaks Golf Cart
Amber was born in Rochester, Minnesota. When she was six
months old her family moved to the San Bernardino Redlands area of
California where she grew up. She and her sister are
fraternal twins. Amber has been married to her husband Billy
for 14 years and they have two
It was great getting to know
Amber even more. We are so fortunate to have Amber as our neighbor.
Be sure to join the Golf Cart
watch for upcoming events.
In This Episode:
- [03:47] Welcome Amber Duerbig
our 16th “P” in the pod[cast]. She is the founder of the 12 Oaks
Golf Cart “Posse” and a loca
Professional Dental Hygienist.
- [05:11] Amber and Billy have
been married for 14 years.
- [06:30] Amber shares about
growing up in the San Bernardino, Redlands, Empire Area. She lived
in California for almost her whole life.
- [07:41] Halloween is more
special than Christmas for Amber.
- [08:33] Amber likes baking,
healthy cooking, art, yoga, walking, and listening to
- [10:18] She believes in just
trying to put out there what you want to get back. It is very
important to be honest as a friend and human.
- [11:38] There is just so much
noise around us and if we can just sit back, listen, and take one
breath at a time that’s how I find my inner peace and
- [13:05] She saw a lot of ugly
and decided at a young age that she didn’t want to live her life
with so much hate.
- [14:19] In third grade she
chipped her front tooth on the monkey bars and she went to the
dentist and he fixed her tooth.
- [15:46] Amber shares a typical
“day in the life” as a dental hygienist.
- [18:08] Amber just recently
accepted a position in Holly Springs at Sunset Ridge Family
- [20:45] Wendell shares a story
about finding a poisonous snake in his yard one Sunday
- [22:34] Her dream since she got
into dentistry is to be established with a dental office where she
retires with the dentist. She hopes to retire in twenty
- [25:12] Amber wanted to create
a community connection where a couple of times a year people could
volunteer their time, decorate their golf carts, do some fun stuff,
and bring some smiles to peoples’ faces. This was the beginning of
the 12 Oaks Golf Cart “Posse.”
- [27:39] The next Golf Cart
parade will be the day before Halloween.
- [29:49] A neighbor Billy had
never met before played with him in the Member Member Golf
tournament and they ended up winning.
- [32:05] Anyone that lives in 12
Oaks can become a member of the Golf Cart
They currently have 202
- [35:08] Amber hopes other
neighbors would continue the Golf Cart
tradition if they ever move.
- [36:59] After high school, she
hadn’t seen Billy in three years. She was working as a dental
assistant and he came in as a patient. At the end of the
appointment, Billy gave her his
- [39:20] In March of 2002 she
went over to Billy’s house for a surprise dinner. He was
sleeping on the couch, but when he woke up she felt the
- [41:03] They wrote letters
every single day for six months while he was away at boot
- [42:20] Amber’s kids are the
most curious kids in the whole world. They ask questions all
the time and they are super fun.
- [43:36] Why did you choose 12
- [47:20] She loves that her kids
get to grow up with the neighbor
- [48:58] What is your fondest,
most memorable moment in 12 Oaks?
- [49:41] What are you most proud
- [50:13] Amber and her sister
are fraternal twins.
- [51:46] When it is time to say
farewell, what would you be known for?
- [52:31] Which actress would
play Amber Duerbig?
Links and Resources for Episode 16