Jul 21, 2020
We are changing things up a bit
for our 14th episode. For our lucky number 13 interview we
are catching back up with a prior guest from Episode Two. By
a very popular demand, I am talking with Rudy. Rudy
jumped on TALK OF 12 OAKS...THE PODCAST
on January 21st, with a
Rudy grew up in South and North
Florida. In Episode Two, he shared about his amazing
relationship with his Dad and how that relationship formed his
views and decisions in all aspects of his life. Rudy is a serial
entrepreneur and proprietor who has spent his life looking to better the
world through food and reinvention. He’s been building his own
businesses since he was 17 years old and continues to do so today.
Learn all about Rudy’s journey from mowing lawns, to creating
subscription-less cell service, to working in the restaurant
industry. His interests are wide and varied and have served him
well over the years. Rudy shares the impact golf has had in his
life and how golf is a big part of his son’s life now
Rudy is a guy who I view with
having an incredible vision, a master of relationships building, a
wealth of knowledge and experiences, and in the short time that
I’ve known him, it feels like it’s been a lifetime. I still
remember key words Rudy used during his interview, such as empathy
toward people, true kindness, trust, and being sympathetic, while
genuine. I thought it would be a great treat for all of us,
to catch up and hear where Rudy, Bernadette, and Nautico are
In This Episode:
- [02:16] Welcome a returning
guest, Rudy Theale, our 13th “P”
in the pod[cast]. He is a
- [03:22] Rudy is thankful for
his family and health and cautious about the future during these
- [03:43] Things were pretty
tough the first month or two of the pandemic. Nautico will be
doing virtual schooling at the beginning of the
- [04:56] Bernadette was doing
about 275 themed trivia events prior to the pandemic. During
the pandemic she went to zero events, but it is starting to
- [06:41] They were making masks
as part of a project for their church.
- [07:35] They sold over 700
masks and they loved the experience. They gave their remaining
supplies to a friend that has carried on their special
- [08:37] During this mask making
project, Rudy said they felt like a combination of a Nike factory
and Jimmy Johns.
- [09:11] Rudy shares what
COVID-19 has done to him and for him.
- [11:12] He put a deal together
and bought the Chubbys Taco brand and
- [12:40] Rudy’s goal is to have
7 or 8 Chubbys Taco locations in this area and then expand out to
- [14:12] Rudy shares the
progress of the Cut & Gather Project. The restaurant business is
going to look much differently after
- [15:58] The Cut & Gather
Project is on hold at the moment, but Rudy is optimistic that they
will be able to open at some point, but it may not be this
- [16:54] Unfortunately the
“Cause for Paws” Golf Tournament didn’t happen. The pandemic
has affected many businesses and events. They are hoping to
reschedule for 2021.
- [18:16] The tough times have
created the opportunity to rise above this and get through
- [19:45] Rudy and his family
moved to 12 Oaks in 2016.
- [21:44] Rudy loved sharing a
simple non-elegant holiday with his family.
- [23:25] Rudy and Wendell start
the conversation off by discussing personal growth and early
- [25:49] Learn more about Rudy’s
relationship with his dad and its impact on his life.
- [28:49] Who is Rudy and what’s
his personal brand?
- [29:22] He wants to continue to
refine who he is.
- [31:22] He tries to meet people
genuinely and bring value to them.
- [33:58] How entrepreneurship
has changed Rudy’s life? He started his first business when he was
seventeen years old. He personally had always been excited about
creating something new.
- [34:41] Smartfone (Tracfone)
was his first real business.
- [37:55] Rudy shares stories
about working in restaurants and with amazing chefs.
- [38:22] He has learned that the
restaurant business is a methodical and system
- [39:04] An incredible chef can
merge systems and creativity.
- [45:09] Hear Rudy chat about
his relationship with Bernadette and the glow she brings to his
- [46:57] Bernadette builds
furniture from scratch, has an eye for design and is unique and
- [48:39] Learn more about Rudy’s
family and his kids.
- [49:02] His son’s name,
Nautico, was inspired by Rudy’s love of boating.
- [50:17] Why did Rudy and his
family choose to live in 12 Oaks?
- [53:54] How has golf been an
asset in Rudy’s life?
- [55:47] Rudy shares about
Nautico’s involvement with golf.
- [60:39] Rudy talks about his
dog Dash, why he loves dogs so much, and his heroism. [61:05] Rudy
fell in love with animals and especially dogs very early on in
- [63:12] Rudy works very closely
with Cause for Paws of North
- [64:47] What is Rudy most proud
- [67:28] Would Rudy take a
mulligan on any decisions in his life?
- [71:35] When all is said and
done, what will Rudy be known for?
Links and Resources for Episode
14...for additional links and resources regarding
Rudy Theale, please check them out in Episode 2: